Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you read and agree with all of the terms and conditions below. By signing up to a class with OTS School of Dance you therefore agree to all of the terms and conditions listed below and also give written consent when leaving your child/children unattended with OTS School of Dance. You will be notified of any changes prior to actions being put in place.
STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND THEIR LESSONS PUNCTUALLY.
STUDENTS MUST ATTEND CLASS DRESSED AND GROOMED APPROPRIATELY WEARING THE CORRECT UNIFORM. THIS IS FOR HEALTH & SAFETY REASONS.
STUDENTS MAY BE OFFERED TO TAKE PART IN PERFORMANCES AND OPEN CLASSES. PRIOR NOTICE WILL ALWAYS BE GIVEN.
OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY WHILE ON THE PREMISES.
PARENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER A CLASS UNLESS REQUESTED BY OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE, IN EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES AND/OR AT THE DISCRETION OF OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE.
IT IS THE PARENT/GUARDIAN’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THEIR CHILD IS SUPERVISED OUTSIDE OF THE SPECIFIED CLASS TIMES WHILE ONSITE.
IF A DIFFERENT ADULT IS TO COLLECT YOUR CHILD OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST BE NOTIFIED ON DROP OFF.
A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF RISK IS CARRIED BY ANY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. STUDENTS TAKING PART IN ANY CLASSES OR EVENTS RUN BY OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.
OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR INJURY THAT MAY INCUR DURING CLASS. SUPERVISION AND MATTS WILL BE USED WHEN PRACTICING WHERE NECESSARY.
BY YOUR CHILD ATTENDING CLASSES WITH OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY GIVING YOUR WRITTEN CONCENT FOR YOUR CHILD TO BE LEFT UNSUPERVISED WITH OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE.
OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE HAS THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE A STUDENT’S INVOLVEMENT IN CLASSES IF THEIR BEHAVIOR IS DEEMED UNACCEPTABLE.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENT/GUARDIAN TO NOTIFY OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE OF ANY ILLNESS OR INJURY THAT MAY AFFECT THEIR CHILDS PARTICIPATION IN CLASS.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENT/GUARDIAN TO ENSURE THAT WE HAVE THE CORRECT DETAILS FOR YOU AND THE STUDENT, AND KEEP US UPDATED ON ANY CHANGES TO CONTACT DETAILS OR HEALTH DETAILS.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO FOOTAGE CONTAINING YOUR CHILD MAY BE USED FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES INCLUDING USE ON OUR WEBSITE AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA. PLEASE INFORM OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE IF THERE ARE ANY CONCERNS REGARDING THIS.
LESSONS ARE TIMETABLED ON A TERMLY BASIS. PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE EXPECTED TO CHECK THE TIMETABLE FOR ANY CHANGES AT THE END OF EACH TERM.
ALL INVOICES ARE SENT VIA EMAIL. PLEASE ENSURE OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE IS NOT MARKED AS SPAM.
ALL FEES ARE PAYABLE STRICTLY IN ADVANCE AND BY THE FIRST CLASS OF THE NEW HALF TERM IN FULL. IF YOU HAVE ANY DIFFICULTIES PLEASE DISCUSS THIS WITH OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE PERSONALLY. PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE BY CASH IN A NAMED ENVERLOPE OR BANK TRANSFER.
PLEASE NAMEE ALL TRANSFERS WITH YOUR CHILDS FULL NAME.
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF NEW PUPILS ENROLLING DURING TERM TIME, NO DEDUCTIONS CAN BE MADE FOR MISSED CLASSES (EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE AT OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE DISCRETION).
SHOULD IT BE NECESSARY TO CLOSE THE SCHOOL ON THE ACCOUNT OF ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OUTSIDE OF OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE CONTROL, FEES WILL BE RETURNED OR COMPENSATION MADE FOR ANY PERIOD Of LOST SCHOOLING.
OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE WILL NOT PASS ON ANY PERSONAL DETAILS TO A THIRD PARTY UNLESS IT IS IN STUDENTS INTEREST, IE FOR EXAMINATION OR SHOW ENTRY. OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE WILL DISPOSE OF ANY PAPERWORK CONTAINING SUCH DETAILS SAFELY. (Data Protection Act 1998)
PUPILS WILL ONLY BE ENTERED INTO AN I.D.T.A. EXAMINATION WHEN THEY HAVE REACHED THE REQUIRED STANDARD. OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE HAS THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ANY PUPIL FROM AN EXAMINATION OR COMPETITION AT ANY STAGE.
ANY MEDICATION FOR THE CHILD NEEDED ONSITE AS INDICATED ON YOUR REGISTRATION FORM, SHOULD BE KEPT IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER, CLEARLY LABLED WITH CHILDS NAME, DOASGE AND USE.
DUE TO SAFTEY FOR ALL PUPILS, STAFF AND PARENTS, EVERYBODY INVOLVED WITH OTS ARE TO PRACTISE SOCIAL DISTANCING WHERE POSSIBLE.
ALWAYS SANITISE ON ENTERANCE.
CHILDREN ARE NOT EXPECTED TO WEAR FACE COVERINGS BUT TEACHERS AND PARENTS ARE RECOMMENDED TO DO SO WHEN IN THE BUILDING AND WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH ONE ANOTHER.
OUTDOOR SHOES ARE NOT TO BE WORN IN THE PRE-PREP HALL AND DANCE SHOES ARE NOT TO BE WORN OUTSIDE.
COLLECTION TIME OF YOUR CHILD CANNOT BE ALTERED.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO LESSONS IF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS OF THE VIRUS.
IF ANYONE SHOWS SIGNS OF THE VIRUS THEY WILL BE SENT HOME.
There may be times when teachers in the school use physical intervention in respect of good teaching
(Adjusting arm lines, for example). It must be understood by all parents and guardians of students that this is deemed necessary in the safe and effective teaching of dance technique. If a parent/guardian is unhappy with this teaching technique, their concerns must be raised with OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE immediately. OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE will make a record of the concerns and will ensure that appropriate action is taken where necessary.
OTS SCHOOL OF DANCE teacher is trained in first aid. It is understood that first aid will be administered to students when deemed necessary and accidents and injuries recorded in the accident book. Severe injuries will be reported straight to guardian. In the case on an emergency, and if the parent/guardian is absent, it is understood that teachers will act where necessary. An ambulance will be called and the parents contacted.
This online section has been added as a precaution. Parents/guardians are able to opt their child/children out of online classes at no charge.
1. There is a clear space in the room upon which the pupil is undertaking the dance class.
2. Please make sure that there is no breakable material that may lead to injury in the area in which they
are undertaking the dance class.
3. For any participant under 16, an appropriate adult (parent/carer aged 18+) must be present in the
room at the same time.
4. There should be a maximum of 2 participants undertaking the dance class in the room at any one
time (or 2 participants plus one supervising adult).
5. Make sure your floor surface is suitable for dance. Tap classes - If you have a floor that is easily damaged I recommend you/your child goes barefoot for tap or wears a different pair of shoes. Please ensure these shoes are secure on the foot.
6. Please wear uniform/appropriate clothing for dance class. The correct attire means safe dance practice. Wearing dance uniform also makes you feel the part and therefore you are more likely to dance the part.
7. When taking part in a live online class please join the class at the correct time. Missing out on the warm up can
result in injury and also means they may not be focused for the rest of the class. The time list is the same as your usual time slots and this can be found on our website and on the link in the description.
IMPORTANT WHEN PARTICIPATING IN ONLINE LIVE AND PRERECORDED CLASSES
1. The teacher will conduct classes with Video’s ON. With videos ON the teacher and pupils will be able to see each other. Parents must request permission if they do not wish their child’s video to be on.
2. OTS School of Dance will MUTE and UNMUTE your childs video at points in the class. This is to help with focus and limit sound interference.
3. The email invitations for classes will only come from OTS School of Dance and from this email
address; email@example.com Please do not share the link for classes.
4. By participating in the lesson you understand that we cannot completely control the peripheral
activity in a home and the experience doesn't fully represent a real class.
5. All teachers that teach on behalf of OTS School of Dance are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage whatsoever
caused by participating with the online classes. All participants are to do so at their own risk and
should do so under adult supervision.
6. Lessons are live and we are unable to record these lessons.